From: Mark Kirkwood <markir@××××××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Migrating hard drives
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 08:43:33
1 Dale wrote:
2 > D
3 > I thought gcp was the command, so I stand corrected on that part at
4 > least. I even thought maybe it was a GUI cp or something. I was
5 > curious as to how that would work. < scratches head >
9 LOL - Joerg was just making a point that GNU variant of cp is a little
10 different from the 'standard' UNIX (hmm - is there really such a
11 thing?) version of cp. Err, on this list the point is a little oblique
12 to say the least - since all Linux userland is GNU.
13
14 regards
15
16 Mark
17
18 P.s : As a Freebsd desktop user myself, I can get what Joerg is saying,
19 but for the majority of purely Linux users on this list, the point is
20 probably lost.