From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Migrating hard drives
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 08:31:30
1 Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
2 > Am Sonntag, 21. Dezember 2008 00:23:56 schrieb Dale:
5 >> I jusr recently copied my system using cp -av and it does have a -a
6 >> option. It's in my man page as well. I have not even heard of gcp so I
7 >> don't think I have ever used it.
10 > Yes, you did. On Linux cp _is_ gcp (GNU cp).
11 >
12 > % LANG="" cp --version
13 > cp (GNU coreutils) 6.12
14 >
15 > Bye...
16 >
17 > Dirk
20 I thought gcp was the command, so I stand corrected on that part at
21 least. I even thought maybe it was a GUI cp or something. I was
22 curious as to how that would work. < scratches head >
23
24 Dale
25