From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Expect a ~15% average slowdown if you use an Intel processor
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2018 16:18:52
1 On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 10:44 AM, R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > I am still working through the information myself, but it looks like
4 > BPF filters are an easy way to make sure you have something to look
5 > for in kernelspace.
6
7 My understanding is that for exploit 1 to work you need to have the
8 kernel execute some code for you, and BPF is a way to do that because
9 it is a JIT compiler.
10
11 The bits about finding where BPF is in kernelspace is for exploit 2,
12 which requires branching into that code, which requires knowing its
13 address.
14