From: "Антон Кулешов" <anton.wd@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Google Mail still not recognising Gentoo KMail
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2019 10:47:39
1 Hello,
2
3 Create 'Application-specific password required' in your google account and
4 use it instead of your google password. Try this link
5 myaccount.google.com/apppasswords
6
7 чт, 7 нояб. 2019 г. в 12:54, Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>:
8
9 > On Wednesday, 6 November 2019 17:04:10 GMT Jack wrote:
10 > > On 2019.11.06 11:30, Peter Humphrey wrote:
11 > > > A recent message prompted me to try creating a google mail account
12 > > > again, to collect my gmail.com email, but it still says "This app is
13 > not
14 > > > yet authorised..." (I think that's the wording).
15 > > >
16 > > > Is there anything a mere user can do to expedite closing this hole?
17 > > > It's been open for some months now.
18 > >
19 > > If you mean that's the message your local email app is getting from
20 > > gmail when trying to retrieve messages, I suspect it's the "less secure
21 > > application" issue. If that's the case, then you either need to use
22 > > OAUTH2 to authorize your mail client to Google, or else set the "OK to
23 > > use less secure applications" through the settings through the gmail
24 > > web interface. gmail simply calls any mail client which does not use
25 > > OAUTH2 to be "less secure."
26 > >
27 > > If that's not the case, then we need a few more details about what's
28 > > going on.
29 >
30 > No, it's what Google's authentication screen says. My local email app is
31 > KMail, as I said.
32 >
33 > I used the Create Account wizard in KMail, gave my credentials, entered
34 > the
35 > confirmation code from my mobile and was told:
36 >
37 > "Sign in with Google temporarily disabled for this app
38 >
39 > "This app has not yet been verified by Google in order to use Google Sign
40 > in"
41 >
42 > I tried again, but creating a Custom Account. Some of the authentication
43 > Methods offered by KMail are not usable with GMail; others get a refusal
44 > from
45 > Google: "Application-specific password required." There's no mention of
46 > oauth2
47 > in any dialogue.
48 >
49 > --