From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] scanning using the sheet feeder (HP 8600 + xsane)
Date: Sun, 07 May 2017 09:16:02
1 On Sat, 06 May 2017 19:22:50 -0400, allan gottlieb wrote:
2
3 > I received many helpful replies, each of which recommend a tool other
4 > than sane. Is the point that sane can't use the document feeder or just
5 > that you prefer (or simply have used) other tools.
6
7 SANE is mainly intended as the infrastructure for scanning. The other
8 tools, with the exception if IScan, all use SANE but provide a more
9 functional interface.
10
11 For example, gscan2pdf that I use supports both single and double sided
12 ADF and can also scan a bunch of pages twice if your scanner only does
13 single sided. It provides a number of post scan processing tools and can
14 save in a variety of formats. But at its heart it uses libsane.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 If it's tourist season, why can't we shoot them?