From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: DVD-cd usage
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 19:07:57
1 Daniel da Veiga <danieldaveiga <at> gmail.com> writes:
2
3 > > I have a Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-R2412 in my portable.
4 > > #lshw <reveals>:
5 > > *-cdrom
7 > > product: TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-R2412
8 > > vendor: Toshiba
9 > > capabilities: packet atapi cdrom
10 > > removable nonmagnetic dma lba iordy audio cd-r cd-rw dvd
15 > /dev/cdroms/cdrom0 /mnt/cdrom iso9660 user,noauto,ro 0 0
16 OK this got rid of the error in K3b.
17
18 > You should be able to do all you can do with your drive, in your case,
19 > I believe you can read cds and read dvds, but as far as I know, you
20 > can't burn cds, its a dvd drive, not a cdrw or a combo. (at least
21 > considering the name, I may be wrong)
22
23 Well, the last line from 'lshw' says it is a cd-rw
24
25 That implies I should be able to write to the CD?
26
27 The page: http://www.toshiba-europe.com/storage/
28 Index.asp?page=PCI&nav=ISH_PRS&model=SDR2412
29
30 tells me the drive has CD rw capabilities. Maybe I missed the correct
31 driver in the kernel?
32
33 James
38 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list