From: James Cloos <cloos@×××××××.com>
To: thelma@×××××××××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Helvetica fonts
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2017 20:29:49
1 >>>>> "t" == thelma <thelma@×××××××××××.com> writes:
2
3 t> Which package contain "Helvetica" font?
4 t> I'm using "flpsed" and apparently it is using Helvetica font, which
5 t> "eselect fontconfig list" is not showing anything that resemble "helvet"
6 t> "eix helvet" is not showing anything either.
7
8 t> The fonts in "flpsed" display are very rugged/pixelated, it is hard to
9 t> look at them.
10
11 I read a number of posts in this thread; few had anything useful to say...
12
13 First of all, FL_HELVETICA is a #define from fltk.
14
15 Cf http://www.fltk.org/doc-1.1/enumerations.html
16
17 So with which USE flags have you compiled fltk?
18
19 If you have eix installed, eix fltk will show them.
20
21 You probably want the xft and/or cairo flags enabled.
22
23 If you have xft, fltk will use fontconfig and client-side fonts.
24
25 And then running:
26
27 :; fc-match helvetica
28
29 will show you which font fontconfig will use when asked for helvetica.
30
31 Also, try this:
32
33 :; XFT_DEBUG=1 flpsed
34
35 If fltk uses xft, then that will show you which fonts it selected.
36
37 If nothing prints than fltk is compiled to use server-side fonts.
38 Which you probably prefer to avoid.
39
40 -JimC
41 --