From: Fabio <facorread@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 2.6.19-r5 kernel disaster
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 13:48:15
1 I think you did not enable the Unix Domain Sockets in your make menuconfig:
2
3 Networking ->
4 Networking Support ->
5 Networking Options ->
6 Unix Domain Sockets
7
8 This is the same thing Devon was talking about.
9
10 On 11/04/07, maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com> wrote:
11 > Hi group,
12 >
13 > After running make menuconfig 4x on a PIII,
14 > re-emerging --emptytree world and either booting to a
15 > highly unstable system or a maintenance login I feel
16 > it's time to call on the authorities.
17 >
18 > Don't even have gpm so I can't scroll the choice bits
19 > of the boot messages.
20 >
21 > It all starts to fall apart on the following line in
22 > the boot console
23 >
24 > * Starting udev...
25 >
26 > then
27 >
28 > udevd[367]: init_udevd socket: error getting socket:
29 > Address family not supported by protocol
30 > error initializing udevd socket
31 > udevd[367]: main: error initializing udevd socket [!!]
32 > <...>
33 > * Checking root filesystem...
34 > Failed to open the device '/dev/hda3': No such file or
35 > directory
36 >
37 > * Filesystem couldn't be fe fixed :( [!!]
38 > Give root password for maintenance
39 >
40 > /dev/hda3 is reiserfs and reiserfs support is
41 > configured into the kernel as is ATA and IDE support.
42 > /etc/fstab is the same one(modified for different
43 > partitioning systems, of course) I've been using for
44 > years. /etc/fstab is not the problem.
45 >
46 > Yes, I did this:
47 >
48 > File systems --->
49 > Pseudo filesystems --->
50 > [*] /proc file system support
51 > [*] Virtual memory file system support (former shm
52 > fs)
53 >
54 > And have baselayout-1.12.9.
55 >
56 > When I chroot from the livecd(2005.1) everything seems
57 > to work; the modules all load, the software works etc.
58 >
59 > So, I'm at a complete loss.
60 >
61 > FWIW, when I do boot the maintenance console and run
62 > udevstart the system crashes forcing a reset.
63 >
64 > -mw
69 > ____________________________________________________________________________________
70 > Now that's room service! Choose from over 150,000 hotels
71 > in 45,000 destinations on Yahoo! Travel to find your fit.
72 > http://farechase.yahoo.com/promo-generic-14795097
73 > --
74 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
80 Fabio A. Correa D.
81
82 Physics Dept, Universidad Nacional, Bogota, Colombia
83 facorread@×××××.com
84 ffaaccdd@××××××××.uk facorread@××××××××.co
85 My webpage and OpenPGP key at http://facorread.150m.com
86 My alexandria.cc address is not available anymore.
87 --
88 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list