From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Quiet builds Re: [gentoo-user] emerge -j, make -j and make -l
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 16:03:18
1 On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 10:48 AM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Michael Mol wrote:
3 >> Oh! I hadn't realized there was an update to portage that changed
4 >> that. Missed it on my main box, I suppose.
5 >
6 > You have got to crawl out of the hole every once in a while.  It was on -dev
7 > then got moved over to the forums with a poll, which the results were
8 > ignored.
9 >
10 > Bad thing is, they won't announce the change until it hits stable.  I'm
11 > thinking of adding it to my sig so people will notice it and not have to
12 > ask.
13
14 Hm. Honestly, I don't know that it's such a terrible default. IMO,
15 it'd be better if builds couldn't be slowed down by slow terminals,
16 but this is probably the simpler solution.
19 :wq