From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Something went wrong with DNS, plz help!
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2014 18:39:04
1 On Saturday 26 Jul 2014 17:47:51 Grand Duet wrote:
2 > 2014-07-26 19:27 GMT+03:00 Jc García <jyo.garcia@×××××.com>:
3 > > 2014-07-26 10:22 GMT-06:00 Grand Duet <grand.duet@×××××.com>:
4 > > etc/resolv.conf ?
5 > >
6 > >> I guess, no.
7 > >>
8 > >>> if not, append some known dns to that file this way:
9 > >>> nameserver 8.8.8.8
10 > >>> nameserver 8.8.4.4
11 > >>
12 > >> This does not help as /etc/resolv.conf is overwritten on every reboot.
13 > >> Creating /etc/resolv.conf.tail also did not help.
14 > >>
15 > >>> verify connection to your gateway and internet with ping.
16 > >>
17 > >> It is ok. I am writing from the same subnet.
18 > >
19 > > That was just the trouble-shooting part, I use /etc/resolv.conf.head
20 > > as my permanent solution to dns nameservers setting on my desktop(see
21 > > my previous mail).
22 >
23 > Moving my /etc/resolv.conf.tail with nameservers IPs to
24 > /etc/resolv.conf.head changed nothing on reboot.
25
26 Have you checked that:
27
28 udev has not changed the name of your NIC and if it has, that your symlinks in
29 /etc/init.d are correct.
30
31 Similarly, interface names are correct in your /etc/conf.d/net.
32
33 The syntax in /etc/conf.d/net is in line with /usr/share/doc/netifrc-
34 */net.example.bz2
37 If all of the above are as they should be, then I'm running out of ideas.
40 Regards,
41 Mick