From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Systemd upower
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2014 15:11:08
1 On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 9:52 AM, Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 03 June 2014 09:29:35 Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
3 >
4 >> If I understood correctly, you need to:
5 >>
6 >> emerge -C sys-power/upower
7 >> emerge -1v sys-power/upower-pm-utils
8 >>
9 >> and then update world as usual.
10 >
11 > That worked for me - thanks Canek. Portage no longer tries to break a blockage
12 > circle, and even though upower-pm-utils is emerged with -1, emerge -c doesn't
13 > want to remove it.
14
15 Good to know; I don't use OpenRC, so this doesn't affect me, and I
16 have no way to test the proposed solution.
17
18 > Maybe a news item explaining the switch of upower would help those who haven't
19 > blundered into this yet.
20
21 Maybe. The thing is, this is going to keep happening, as more and more
22 infrastructure migrates towards systemd. Perhaps a news item everytime
23 it happens is unrealistic?
24
25 I would expect Gentoo users to search for viable solutions by
26 themselves, or asking for ways to solve it in the proper channels
27 (like Silvio did).
28
29 Regards.
30 --
31 Canek Peláez Valdés
32 Profesor de asignatura, Facultad de Ciencias