From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Systemd upower
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2014 14:53:11
1 On Tuesday 03 June 2014 09:29:35 Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
2
3 > If I understood correctly, you need to:
4 >
5 > emerge -C sys-power/upower
6 > emerge -1v sys-power/upower-pm-utils
7 >
8 > and then update world as usual.
9
10 That worked for me - thanks Canek. Portage no longer tries to break a blockage
11 circle, and even though upower-pm-utils is emerged with -1, emerge -c doesn't
12 want to remove it.
13
14 Maybe a news item explaining the switch of upower would help those who haven't
15 blundered into this yet.
16
17 > The changes in upower does not make systemd mandatory, but you need to
18 > switch from upower (which now has systemd as a hard dependency) to
19 > upower-pm-utils (which depends on the unmaintined pm-utils).
22 Regards
23 Peter