From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Linksys router BEFSR41 loosing internet
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 04:04:07
1 Paul Hartman wrote:
2 > On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 6:35 PM, Dale<rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> Paul Hartman wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> Most DSL/Cable modems have a web interface built into them where you
7 >>> can view status, diagnostics and most importantly logs. I think if you
8 >>> can google your modem model and figure out how to access this, it
9 >>> might provide some useful information. (Older modems might have a
10 >>> telnet interface rather than web)
11 >>>
12 >>>
13 >> I can access it with Seamonkey. I had to do that to get it to work at all.
14 >> The router and the modem were both trying to get 192.168.1.1 and the fight
15 >> was on. Same problem I ran into once before. Anyway.
16 >>
17 > Hmm, maybe it could be an IP address conflict if one or both of them
18 > keep trying to go back to using the same address. I had that problem
19 > at work where a printer and a computer both had been assigned the same
20 > IP and would "randomly" go offline or have connectivity issues for no
21 > apparent reason, until we finally realized what was going on and
22 > changed the IP to something else.
26 Well so far it has been working. Maybe it got things worked out and
27 DHCP is working it out. Maybe it needed a little training time. lol
28
29 Both modem and router are set to use DHCP. I should know when I get
30 some sleep next time. I'm not sure when that will be tho.
31
32 Dale
33