From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Linksys router BEFSR41 loosing internet
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 03:04:03
1 On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 6:35 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Paul Hartman wrote:
3 >>
4 >> Most DSL/Cable modems have a web interface built into them where you
5 >> can view status, diagnostics and most importantly logs. I think if you
6 >> can google your modem model and figure out how to access this, it
7 >> might provide some useful information. (Older modems might have a
8 >> telnet interface rather than web)
11 > I can access it with Seamonkey.  I had to do that to get it to work at all.
12 >  The router and the modem were both trying to get 192.168.1.1 and the fight
13 > was on.  Same problem I ran into once before.  Anyway.
14
15 Hmm, maybe it could be an IP address conflict if one or both of them
16 keep trying to go back to using the same address. I had that problem
17 at work where a printer and a computer both had been assigned the same
18 IP and would "randomly" go offline or have connectivity issues for no
19 apparent reason, until we finally realized what was going on and
20 changed the IP to something else.