From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT - More Router Advice] Cheap Router with decent/reliable VLAN support
Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 09:10:58
1 On Sunday 29 May 2011 02:17:24 Pandu Poluan wrote:
2 > You might want to look into Mikrotik's offering. They are not only
3 > inexpensive, but they are extremely reliable. Many Internet cafés in
4 > my country use Mikrotik: they put the device in an outdoor box, and
5 > stuck it on the pole bearing the wireless antennae connecting the café
6 > to the ISP. The boxes have endured untold days of heat and cold, and
7 > nearly all of them survived to this day (barring some who got hit
8 > directly by lightning).
9 >
10 > The documentation is widely available on the 'net, the CLI is much
11 > more intuitive than Cisco IOS, and their features are on a par with
12 > the most expensive IOS variant.
13
14 Yes, the RouterBoard products are very highly spoken of in my ISP's forums.
15 They are considered extremely versatile and powerful, but at more reasonable
16 prices that the Ciscos or other professional network gear of this world.
17
18 If I were to replace mine I would seriously consider them.
19 --
20 Regards,
21 Mick