From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT - More Router Advice] Cheap Router with decent/reliable VLAN support
Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 01:18:57
1 You might want to look into Mikrotik's offering. They are not only
2 inexpensive, but they are extremely reliable. Many Internet cafés in
3 my country use Mikrotik: they put the device in an outdoor box, and
4 stuck it on the pole bearing the wireless antennae connecting the café
5 to the ISP. The boxes have endured untold days of heat and cold, and
6 nearly all of them survived to this day (barring some who got hit
7 directly by lightning).
8
9 The documentation is widely available on the 'net, the CLI is much
10 more intuitive than Cisco IOS, and their features are on a par with
11 the most expensive IOS variant.
12
13 Rgds,