From: Ken Gypen <glider@×××××××.be>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Hard Disk going a lot slower now...
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 22:40:05
1 > I would assume that the two benchmark programs I am using to measure the
2 > drive performance under windows go through windows, and thus the NTFS
3 > interface. They are Dr. Hardware and FreshDiagnose. The second one
4 > showed a write speed as quoted above, and a read speed of about 280 MB
5 > per second... Though the same one reported a read speed of about 900+
6 > MB per second for my USB drive (not really possible, since the maximum
7 > speed for USB 2.0 is about 480 MB / second).
8 Hi Chris,
9
10 A more realistic speed for a HD is about 60-90MB/second... It's hardware
11 limited. So your values are quite off, regardless of the OS and the
12 filesystem.
13
14 Greets Glider
15 --