From: Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] can't unload modules
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 03:22:57
1 On Tue, 2 Aug 2005 18:56:14 -0700 (PDT)
2 maxim wexler wrote:
6 > --- Michael Crute <mcrute@×××××.com> wrote:
7 >
8 > > It would appear that it is not. Double check with my
9 > > cat grep command and
10 > > perhaps recompile your kernel.
11 > >
12 > bash-2.05b$ cat /usr/src/linux/.config | grep
13 > CONFIG_MODULE_UNLOAD
14 > CONFIG_MODULE_UNLOAD=y
15 > bash-2.05b$
16 >
17 > I knew it was there having just added it to the
18 > .config yesterday after reading the ATI FAQ. Saved it,
19 > then ran make modules_install. Did I forget something?
20
21 yes you forgot to make the kernel and forgot to install the kernel and
22 reboot.
23
24 the functionality for unloading modules does not itself reside in a
25 module!
31 > Do You Yahoo!?
32 > Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
33 > http://mail.yahoo.com
34 > --
35 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
38 Nick Rout