From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Cleanify a Firefox Profile - how?
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2017 19:34:12
1 On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 04:20:39AM +0100, Meino.Cramer@×××.de wrote
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > to install a profile I made and tested with my Firefox on another
5 > computer *) I want to "cleanify" that Profile to wipe all data left
6 > bu using this surfing.
7
8 See https://support.mozilla.org/t5/Install-and-Update/Profiles-Where-Firefox-stores-your-bookmarks-passwords-and-other/ta-p/4608
9 for a listing of what files store what in your profile. You can delete
10 ones you don't want. Firefox will create a new default replacement next
11 time you start.
12
13 ***IMPORTANT***
14
15 1) you must ***NOT*** be running Firefox against that profile when you
16 do the deletions. Otherwise it will restore from crash-backup and/or
17 memory when it exits.
18
19 2) You ***MUST*** first open Firefox with that profile and then close it
20 "properly" with either "File ==> Quit" or the {CTRL}{Q} keyboard
21 shortcut. Firefox has a "crash-recovery" option that allows it to
22 resume a session if it is killed externally, e.g. "killall firefox".
25 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
26 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications