From: Meino.Cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Cleanify a Firefox Profile - how?
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2017 02:05:18
1 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org> [17-02-24 02:10]:
2 > On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 04:20:39AM +0100, Meino.Cramer@×××.de wrote
3 > > Hi,
4 > >
5 > > to install a profile I made and tested with my Firefox on another
6 > > computer *) I want to "cleanify" that Profile to wipe all data left
7 > > bu using this surfing.
8 >
9 > See https://support.mozilla.org/t5/Install-and-Update/Profiles-Where-Firefox-stores-your-bookmarks-passwords-and-other/ta-p/4608
10 > for a listing of what files store what in your profile. You can delete
11 > ones you don't want. Firefox will create a new default replacement next
12 > time you start.
13 >
14 > ***IMPORTANT***
15 >
16 > 1) you must ***NOT*** be running Firefox against that profile when you
17 > do the deletions. Otherwise it will restore from crash-backup and/or
18 > memory when it exits.
19 >
20 > 2) You ***MUST*** first open Firefox with that profile and then close it
21 > "properly" with either "File ==> Quit" or the {CTRL}{Q} keyboard
22 > shortcut. Firefox has a "crash-recovery" option that allows it to
23 > resume a session if it is killed externally, e.g. "killall firefox".
24 >
25 > --
26 > Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
27 > I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications
30 Hi Walter,
31
32 thanks a lot for the informations!!:)
33
34 ...and what mozilla says is all what they want me to know.
35 Or with other words: Are these really all places, where user
36 tracking and such is stored? Flash cookies and Supercookies
37 are also there?
38
39 Cheers
40 Meino