From: R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Cleanify a Firefox Profile - how?
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2017 02:31:10
1 On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 8:04 PM, <Meino.Cramer@×××.de> wrote:
2 >
3 > ...and what mozilla says is all what they want me to know.
4 > Or with other words: Are these really all places, where user
5 > tracking and such is stored? Flash cookies and Supercookies
6 > are also there?
7 >
8 > Cheers
9 > Meino
12 Mozilla is certainly not the one who would be trying to hide
13 information from you. Yes, your profile should be all of the
14 persistent data that Firefox stores, though your system configuration
15 (much of which can be accessed via Javascript) will still uniquely
16 identify your device. Flash may have it's own special location. Try
17 "about:cache" in the title bar (cache timing attacks could also
18 uniquely identify you). However, from what I could find, all browser
19 data seems to be tied to a profile (paths will have the random string
20 describing the profile somewhere in it).
21
22 You can't fight supercookies except with Tor and sometimes HTTPS as it
23 is your ISP modifying the data you send to servers. Personally this
24 should be illegal, but they have more money than anyone it affects.
25
26 R0b0t1.