From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Is gnome becoming obligatory?
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2017 18:56:30
1 On Sun, 10 Dec 2017 10:13:30 +0000, Alan Mackenzie wrote:
2
3 > I've no idea how good systemd is. It's not been through the normal
4 > process of choice and selection that other successful packages have. It
5 > was forced on people. But being forced to have a binary system log,
6 > being forced (so I have heard) to have an http server running, ....,
7
8 This may come as a surprise to some, but some things you hear on
9 t'internet are not true...
10
11 For example, the http server is there to allow access to logs from
12 another machine without needing to grant SSH access. It is not enabled by
13 default.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 Stop tagline theft! Copyright your tagline (c)