From: Vishnupradeep <intermedia.vishnu@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gnome 3 has landed
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 20:47:07
1 Is that true, Gnome 3 available for gentoo. can i emerge it ?
2
3 ----
4 Fedora Blog: http://xtreme-fedora.blogspot.com/
5 My Blog: http://sharedonweb.blogspot.com/
10 On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 1:37 AM, walt <w41ter@×××××.com> wrote:
11
12 > Well, at least on ~x86 and ~amd64 gnome3 is the default now. I have
13 > mixed feelings about gnome3, so I let gentoo install it on a VirtualBox
14 > VM to start with and I'll think about updating my real machines later.
15 >
16 > The new gnome-shell is the controversial piece of gnome3 and (so far)
17 > I find it counterproductive.
18 >
19 > I googled how to disable the gnome-shell and get my gnome-panel back,
20 > along with the panel applets that I refuse to give up. (The gnome-
21 > shell replaces the gnome-panel, so there is nowhere to run the old
22 > applets.)
23 >
24 > If you want to disable gnome-shell you can do it with the System Info
25 > function in System Settings. Click the Graphics icon and enable the
26 > gnome-fallback setting to disable gnome-shell. Ah, much better :)