From: Alec Ten Harmsel <alec@××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] terminal spreadsheet - sc fork
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2014 12:57:14
1 On 11/04/2014 06:36 AM, Walter Dnes wrote:
2 > On Sun, Nov 02, 2014 at 08:16:30PM -0300, Andrés Martinelli wrote
3 >> Hello there!!
4 >> I am working on a terminal spreadsheet based on "sc", but with some adds
5 >> like undo/redo..
6 >> you can find it here:
7 >>
8 >> https://github.com/andmarti1424/scim
9 >>
10 >> Any new ideas and/or contribution is always welcome!
11 >> Thanks!
12 > git newbie alert. I'm not a programmer. I Googled for instructions,
13 > built git, cloned the scim repo, read the instructions, changed one line
14 > in Makefile...
15 >
16 > prefix=/home/waltdnes/.local
17 >
18 > ...so that if things went wrong, it wouldn't clobber root. I ran "make".
19 > I got the familiar gcc screens of text output. But there's nothing
20 > installed in ~/.local. Should there be a "make install" command somewhere?
23 There's actually no 'install' command in the Makefile. You should be
24 able to run it by executing the 'scim' binary in src/. It doesn't create
25 any of its own libraries or anything, so you should be able to run the
26 standalone binary anywhere without needing to install; if you would like
27 to install it to your ~/.local, a simple
28
29 cp src/scim ~/.local/bin/scim
30
31 should suffice.