From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Transcoding movie DVD to MPEG4?
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2006 15:40:25
1 On Sun, 3 Dec 2006 13:28:42 +0000, Mick wrote:
2
3 > I want to copy a movie from a DVD which I bought in a shop, to another
4 > DVD to take with me on holiday. I'll be playing back the copy on my
5 > laptop and (if it is feasible) the hotel's DVD player.
6
7 If you want to be able to play it on a standard DVD player, you need to
8 transcode it into MPEG2, the format used by DVDs, at a lower bitrate. A
9 simple program for doing just this is k9copy
13 * app-cdr/k9copy
14 Available versions: !1.0.3b !1.0.4 [M]1.1.0_beta1 [M]1.1.0_beta2
15 Homepage: http://k9copy.sourceforge.net/
17 copy of one or more titles from a DVD9 to a DVD5
21 Neil Bothwick
22
23 To most people solutions mean finding the answers. But to chemists
24 solutions are things that are still all mixed up.