From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Transcoding movie DVD to MPEG4?
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2006 19:09:00
1 On 3 Dec 2006, at 15:31, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2
3 > On Sun, 3 Dec 2006 13:28:42 +0000, Mick wrote:
4 >
5 >> I want to copy a movie from a DVD which I bought in a shop, to
6 >> another
7 >> DVD to take with me on holiday. I'll be playing back the copy on my
8 >> laptop and (if it is feasible) the hotel's DVD player.
9 >
10 > If you want to be able to play it on a standard DVD player, you
11 > need to
12 > transcode it into MPEG2, the format used by DVDs, at a lower
13 > bitrate...
14
15 Since Mick has dual-layer DVDs he could even copy it ay the same bit-
16 rate. He is experiencing problems because his DVDs are region-encoded
17 & he has not decrypted them.
18
19 Stroller.
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list