From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Transcoding movie DVD to MPEG4?
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2006 19:24:48
1 On 3 Dec 2006, at 19:03, Stroller wrote:
4 > On 3 Dec 2006, at 15:31, Neil Bothwick wrote:
5 >
6 >> On Sun, 3 Dec 2006 13:28:42 +0000, Mick wrote:
7 >>
8 >>> I want to copy a movie from a DVD which I bought in a shop, to
9 >>> another
10 >>> DVD to take with me on holiday. I'll be playing back the copy on my
11 >>> laptop and (if it is feasible) the hotel's DVD player.
12 >>
13 >> If you want to be able to play it on a standard DVD player, you
14 >> need to
15 >> transcode it into MPEG2, the format used by DVDs, at a lower
16 >> bitrate...
17 >
18 > Since Mick has dual-layer DVDs he could even copy it ay the same
19 > bit-rate. He is experiencing problems because his DVDs are region-
20 > encoded & he has not decrypted them.
21
22 Ooops! My apologies.
23
24 Having read the previous thread I see that the problem is actually
25 1/2way through burning.
26
27 Although I'm not clear whether or not Mick has de-regionalised his
28 movies, my comments are nevertheless incorrect.
29
30 Stroller.
31 --
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list