From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Printing issue
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 05:40:29
1 CJoeB wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I have an HP C4795 All-in-One Printer/Scanner/Copier. I had the thing
5 > working, with the exception that the scanner would only work with xsane
6 > when logged in as root.
7 >
8 > I haven't used the printer in a few days and have updated my system and
9 > the kernel since I last used it. Now, I can't get the darn thing to
10 > work. I can set up the printer used the CUPS web interface. I can send
11 > jobs to the printer and they will appear in the queue, but they just
12 > hang and won't print.
13 >
14 > I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. Any suggestions?
15 >
16 > Thanks in advance.
17 >
18 > Colleen
22 This may not help but I noticed something weird like this a while back.
23 The only way I could fix it was to delete the printer and add it back
24 again. Mine is a HP as well so this may be worth trying at least. Also
25 note, you should use the HP tool to add this printer. I think it is
26 hp-setup.
27
28 On the scanner, it sounds like you need to be added to a group to access
29 the scanner as a user. Look in /etc/group and see if you something
30 scanner related.
31
32 Hope that helps if no one else has a better idea.
33
34 Dale
35