From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 32to64 bit migration guide
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 18:53:53
1 Am 07.09.2010 18:05, schrieb Alan McKinnon:
2
3 > 1. Back up /etc and anything else you want to keep
4 > 2. Reinstall
5 > 3. Set CHOST to something suitable
6 > 4. emerge -e world
7 > 5. Restore stuff from step #1
8 >
9 > It's an interesting exercise to try and do the migration, people who like
10 > puzzles enjoy it. If your goal is to have a 64 bit system using the route of
11 > least pain, best to follow the path with lots of consensus around here - the
12 > one above.
13
14 Yep, did that back then with my main workstation, and now I take that
15 "nice exercise" to migrate my thinkpad.
16
17 I don't remember in detail how I "merged" /etc ... I now start building
18 that system on top of a 64bit-VM-template I maintained for such purposes.
19
20 Any ideas/hints?
21
22 S