From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] sun-jdk dependencies questions
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2007 11:50:01
1 On Saturday 09 June 2007 13:02:00 Marko Kocić wrote:
2 > Thanks for the clarification.
3 >
4 > > The reason is as you say that dev-java/sun-jdk:1.6 is a binary package
5 > > that isn't ABI compatible with libstdc++.so.6 (from gcc-4.x). And as we
6 > > don't have the source we cannot fix that with revdep-rebuild.
7 >
8 > But I'm already running sun-jdk on my machine that I manually
9 > downloaded and installed from the sun site, although I don't have
10 > libstdc++ installed.
11 > One thing I don't understand is why do I need libstdc++ when using
12 > portage version?
13
14 Do you mean you are already running sun-jdk:1.6 without an ABI compatible
15 version of libstdc++ ? In that case I wouldn't be surprised if it
16 occasionally crashes. If you meant 1.4 or 1.5 then they simply don't seem to
17 use the c++ standard library...
20 Bo Andresen