From: "Marko Kocić" <marko.kocic@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] sun-jdk dependencies questions
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2007 12:13:06
1 On 6/9/07, Bo Ørsted Andresen <bo.andresen@××××.dk> wrote:
2 > > But I'm already running sun-jdk on my machine that I manually
3 > > downloaded and installed from the sun site, although I don't have
4 > > libstdc++ installed.
5 > > One thing I don't understand is why do I need libstdc++ when using
6 > > portage version?
7 >
8 > Do you mean you are already running sun-jdk:1.6 without an ABI compatible
9 > version of libstdc++ ? In that case I wouldn't be surprised if it
10
11 I'm running Sun jdk 1.6.0_01 as downloaded from http://java.sun.com .
12 I don't even know what ABI is, but I don't have libstdc++ installed,
13 only gcc-4.1.2. I did not experience any crash, although I use it a
14 lot.
15
16 > occasionally crashes. If you meant 1.4 or 1.5 then they simply don't seem to
17 > use the c++ standard library...
18 I don't know the difference between Sun and gentoo packaging. Maybe
19 Sun is statically linking that ABI stuff.