From: Ryan Tandy <tarpman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] DRI? ATI X300 PCIe
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2006 02:04:53
1 fire-eyes wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I am interested in getting my ATI X300 (r300 or r370, conflicting info out
5 > there), which is a PCIe card, working with DRI with open source drivers. I am
6 > using xorg-x11-7.1 .
7 >
8 r370 is the chipset on the card, r300 is the (experimental) DRI driver
9 that would be supporting it.
10
11 > Any ideas? I am specifically looking for ways of doing this not including
12 > messing with overlays, that is a major pain, and (opinon) I shouldn't have to
13 > do that anyway.
14 >
15 Set VIDEO_CARDS="radeon" or USE="video_cards_radeon", and emerge -N
16 xorg-x11. Worked for me (Radeon 9600 XT) as of the first X -configure
17 run, with no additional messing about. The driver name is "radeon" if
18 you like to do xorg.conf by hand.
19
20 Disclaimer: The DRI functionality is still experimental. Some functions
21 (specular lighting in particular) don't behave exactly as expected. For
22 example, a couple of XScreensaver hacks don't work quite right for me.
23 Still a darn sight better than software, though... ;)
24
25 > Cheers.
26
27 HTH.