From: Bruce Hill <daddy@×××××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Eth0 interface not found - udev
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 16:44:12
1 On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 04:48:25PM +0000, Grant Edwards wrote:
2 >
3 > Yea, I always had problems with that. I'd edit the LILO config file,
4 > forget to run the update command, reboot, then spend an embarassing
5 > amount of time trying to figure out why my new kernel behaved exactly
6 > like my old kernel despite the changes I'd made.
7 >
8 > That change alone made switching to grub worthwhile.
9
10 PEBKAC ... never knew the fix to that was changing software. :-)
11 --
12 Happy Penguin Computers >')
13 126 Fenco Drive ( \
14 Tupelo, MS 38801 ^^
16 662-269-2706 662-205-6424
17 http://happypenguincomputers.com/
18
19 A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
20 Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
21 A: Top-posting.
22 Q: What is the most annoying thing in e-mail?
23
24 Don't top-post: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_post#Top-posting