From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Eth0 interface not found - udev
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 16:49:04
1 On 2013-04-11, Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 >
3 > On 9 April 2013, at 19:56, Walter Dnes wrote:
4 >> On Tue, Apr 09, 2013 at 06:02:38AM -0400, Tanstaafl wrote
5 >>
6 >>> Personally, I didn't know people still used LILO (no flame intended,
7 >>> I just didn't realize it was still alive and kicking), but then
8 >>> gentoo was my first real experience with linux...
9 >>
10 >> It works; i.e. it loads the OS, with a minimum of fuss. What more can
11 >> anyone ask for?
12
13 [...]
14
15 > I find it rather inelegant to have to run a command to update lilo,
16 > after editing a text file.
17
18 Yea, I always had problems with that. I'd edit the LILO config file,
19 forget to run the update command, reboot, then spend an embarassing
20 amount of time trying to figure out why my new kernel behaved exactly
21 like my old kernel despite the changes I'd made.
22
23 That change alone made switching to grub worthwhile.
26 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! Xerox your lunch
27 at and file it under "sex
28 gmail.com offenders"!