From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] apache: what could cause "graceful restart requested"?
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2011 16:22:16
1 On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 11:12 AM, Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > I just noticed my apache-uptime is just a few hours.
4 > Actually, I have found my web-server has been restarted
5 > today at ~03:10 UTC. I have found this message in
6 > /var/log/apache2/error-log
7 > ---
8 > [Wed Aug 03 03:10:01 2011] [notice] Graceful restart requested,
9 >  doing restart
10 > ---
11 >
12 > What could have caused this? BTW I noticed all apache logs
13 > have been rotated exactly at this time. Is that a reason
14 > why apache was restarted? I never noticed it...
15
16 Is there perhaps a cron job set to restart apache overnight?