From: behrouz khosravi <bz.khosravi@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Is it wrong to install a specific version
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2015 02:26:21
1 Hi. I wanted to install plasma 5 on my laptop, but I encountered a lot of
2 problems regarding dependencies, masking and other stuff.
3
4 Since I felt a little stubbornness in myself, and didn't want to back off !
5 I took another approach. I checked that what packages will be installed.
6 After that I removed the qt4 and installed all of the required qt5 packages
7 from qt-5.4.0 one by one and using the specific version.
8 After that I did the same with qt-framework packages and so on.
9
10 I think that this is generally a bad idea, because the it makes the World
11 set much bigger.
12 However I am wondering what will happen when the tree updates?
13 I mean for examples when another version of qt5 comes out, portage will try
14 to update it ?
15
16 thanks.