From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Recommendation on how to format my new drive
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 00:11:41
1 On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 21:40:38 +0300, Cooper Bug wrote:
2
3 > Please share your instights how many partinions do I have to
4 > do, what sizes. I would value all the input. Thanks a lot.
5
6 1) Only you can know what you will use the machine for and what you will
7 need.
8
9 2) Your needs will change so even you will get this wrong.
10
11 The best option (IMO) is small root and boot partitions and the rest on
12 LVM. You can put / on LVM too if you want to fiddle with initrds.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 She's always late. Her ancestors arrived on the June flower.