From: Joerg.Schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de (Joerg Schilling)
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] CD ROM does not play audio CD's
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 10:21:46
1 "W.Kenworthy" <billk@×××××××××.au> wrote:
2
3 > Some (and only some) multimedia audio broke in the last few of updates
4 > on two of my systems with cmi chipsets - I had to select IEC958 Monitor
5 > before I got sound back. Might be the same thing. and no, I am not
6 > using digital output.
7 >
8 > If this doesnt help you, might help someone else as it was a pita to
9 > find the cause as I am not using the digital outputs from the card.
10
11 The OP claimed that he cannot even extract audio from his drive...
12
13 This does not make it very probable that the problem is in the audio driver.
14
15 Jörg
18 EMail:joerg@××××××××××××××××××××××××.de (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
19 js@××××××××××××.de (uni)