From: James Ausmus <james.ausmus@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Any one using www-apps/online-bookmarks
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 19:26:49
1 On Jan 21, 2008 11:16 AM, <reader@×××××××.com> wrote:
2 > I'm having a little trouble getting www-apps/online-bookmarks set up.
3
4 <snip>
5
6 > When I fill in my server I see a listing like one might see in a file
7 > browser.
8 >
9 > The online site claims it will be linked to an install process but
10 > that is true here.
11 >
12 > Its a file listing of a bunch of php files but opening the install.php
13 > does not lead to anything usefull... Instead you see a php text file
14 > that doesn't really work as described.
17 Haven't used online-bookmarks before myself, but it soulds like Apache
18 isn't configured properly for PHP scripts - try *adding* the following
19 to your /etc/conf.d/apache2 file in the APACHE2_OPTS line (inside the
20 double-quotes):
21 -D PHP -D PHP5
22
23 and then do:
24 /etc/init.d/apache2 stop && /etc/init.d/apache2 start
25 (I've found that sometimes a "/etc/init.d/apache2 restart" tries to
26 start the apache2 processes again before the old processes have fully
27 closed out, so will sometimes error out...)
30 HTH-
31
32 James
33 --