From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] The KDE wallet
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 23:00:19
1 On Tuesday 27 June 2006 23:29, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 15:43:55 -0400, brettholcomb@×××××××××.net wrote:
3 > > Wallet worked fine for Knode - at least it didn't ask too much but for
4 > > Kmail it asked every single time I logged in. I finally turned Kwallet
5 > > off.
6 >
7 > Or you can set it never to close and not to notify when an application
8 > want to write to it. Then you'll only have one dialog per session.
9 >
10 > I find Kwallet incredibly useful, as it means I can use lots of different
11 > passwords for various sites and servers without having to remember them
12 > all. It's saved me a fortune in Post-It notes :)
13
14 yeah, kwallet manages 3 mail accounts and passwords for over 30 sites for me.
15
16 It would be awfull to remember all these - impossible!
17 The alternatives would be post-its or using only four or five passwords. Both
18 is not very convincing.
19
20 In short, I love kwallet ;)
21 --