From: Erik <esigra@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] "emerge -ef world" and "eclean --destructive distfiles" do not agree
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 10:00:26
1 forgottenwizard skrev:
2 > On 02:41 Sat 23 Feb , Erik wrote:
3 >
4 >> Alan McKinnon skrev:
5 >>
6 >> "emerge -uNDf world" does nothing because the system is up to date. Even if
7 >> all distfiles are missing, it does nothing (try to move the distfiles
8 >> directory away while executing it). That command is supposed to "download
9 >> everything that is missing to update the system". And since the system is
10 >> up to date, nothing is needed to update it and it will therefore not
11 >> download anything.
12 >>
13 >> What I wanted was "download everything that is missing to reinstall
14 >> everything that is currently installed". That is what "emerge -ef world"
15 >> should do. Then I wanted to "remove everything that is not needed to
16 >> reinstall everything that is currently installed". That is what "eclean
17 >> --destructive distfiles" should do. Doing both should result in a set of
18 >> distfiles that is "what is needed and only what is needed to reinstall
19 >> everything that is currently installed (assuming that the system is up to
20 >> date)". But since the 2 commands do not agree, something is broken
21 >> somewhere.
22 > Have you checked to see if the files deleted by eclean are the current
23 > versions, or are they old? If they are the most recent you have
24 > installed, then there is a problem with eclean. If not, then the problem
25 > is with --fetchonly
26 >
27 I check with the file klibc-1.5.8.tar.bz2.
28 # emerge -up klibc
29
30 These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
31
32 Calculating dependencies... done!
33 [ebuild U ] dev-libs/klibc-1.5.8 [1.5]
34
35 So it seems like klibc is outdated but "emerge -uDNav world" does not
36 want want to update it!
37 # equery d klibc
38 [ Searching for packages depending on klibc... ]
39 sys-apps/v86d-0.1.3 (dev-libs/klibc)
40 localhost ~ # grep sys-apps/v86d /var/lib/portage/world
41 sys-apps/v86d
42
43 So sys-apps/v86d is in world and depends dev-libs/klibc, but yet "emerge
44 -uDNp world" does not want to update dev-libs/klibc, like "emerge -up
45 dev-libs/klibc" wants to!
46 --
47 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list