From: forgottenwizard <phrexianreaper@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] "emerge -ef world" and "eclean --destructive distfiles" do not agree
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 03:30:40
1 On 02:41 Sat 23 Feb , Erik wrote:
2 > Alan McKinnon skrev:
3 >
4 > "emerge -uNDf world" does nothing because the system is up to date. Even if
5 > all distfiles are missing, it does nothing (try to move the distfiles
6 > directory away while executing it). That command is supposed to "download
7 > everything that is missing to update the system". And since the system is
8 > up to date, nothing is needed to update it and it will therefore not
9 > download anything.
10 >
11 > What I wanted was "download everything that is missing to reinstall
12 > everything that is currently installed". That is what "emerge -ef world"
13 > should do. Then I wanted to "remove everything that is not needed to
14 > reinstall everything that is currently installed". That is what "eclean
15 > --destructive distfiles" should do. Doing both should result in a set of
16 > distfiles that is "what is needed and only what is needed to reinstall
17 > everything that is currently installed (assuming that the system is up to
18 > date)". But since the 2 commands do not agree, something is broken
19 > somewhere.
20 > --
21 > gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list
25 Have you checked to see if the files deleted by eclean are the current
26 versions, or are they old? If they are the most recent you have
27 installed, then there is a problem with eclean. If not, then the problem
28 is with --fetchonly
31 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list