From: "Jan Stępień" <jan@×××××××××××.pl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de, fredrik@×××××××××.com, noven@×××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Xgl and direct rendering or 'Would you like Xorg or Xgl, sir?'
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 11:09:28
1 Novensiles divi Flamen napisał(a):
2 > I use a script called xlaunch:
3 >
4 > http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-483004-highlight-xlaunch.html
5 >
6 > I run it on my laptop and have absolutely no problems, the xserver
7 alone won't
8 > kill your performance.
9 >
10 > - Noven
11
12 Thanks, sounds interesting.
13
14 Hemmann, Volker Armin napisał(a):
15 >
16 > I don't know which drivers support AIGLX, but with aiglx (or nvidia),
17 > you can
18 > go from eye-candy-to-fast-to-eye-candy with two mouseclicks. (start
19 > beryl-manager, choose beryl from the menu for eye candy or your
20 > other wm, for
21 > speed).
24 Fredrik Tolf napisał(a):
25 > I'm no expert, but as far as I know, that's the reason why AIGLX
26 > succeeded Xgl. So if you ask me, I think AIGLX (if it works with ATI)
27 > would be the solution to your problem.
30 Fair enough. Firstly I'll check whether AIGLX will be working with my
31 video card, and in case of failure I'll give xlaunch a shot.
32
33 Thanks for support, guys,
34
35 Regards,