From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New gentoo installation fails when trying to install syslog-ng
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 11:33:26
1 Joost Roeleveld writes:
2
3 > Thunderbird works fine, if you're ok to do things Thunderbird wants to
4 > do things.
5 > The last time I tried it, it decided it wants to have copy of all the
6 > email from my IMAP-server locally.
7
8 I ran into this, too. I sort of like the feature, but it's better to do
9 the synchronization when not working with Thunderbird, because it eats
10 much CPU time. At least on my very slow laptop.
11
12 But you can turn it off: in the 'synchronization and space' settings,
13 first option at the top.
14
15 Now if I only knew why Thunderbird on Linux (not on Windows) does not
16 check my folders for new mails... this makes it unusable for me. So I'm
17 using Claws now.
18
19 Wonko