From: Joost Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New gentoo installation fails when trying to install syslog-ng
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 10:58:22
1 On Thursday, September 15, 2011 11:37:12 AM Michael Schreckenbauer wrote:
2 > > > Yahoo reply broken? I don't know what to say about that... gmail
3 > > > works
4 > > > in
5 > > > the same way, outlook in the same way, thunderbird in the same way.
9 > > In other words, they're all broken.
10 > > A good Email client will allow you to send non-HTML email. Puts "quote"
11 > > marks in front of the lines and add a "bladibla wrote this" or similar
12 > > line. It should also allow you to easily put your reply at the bottom of
13 > > the email.
17 > > GMail has been mentioned a few times as doing things wrongly. I won't
18 > > even mention the many ways in which MS Outlook does things badly and
19 > > Thunderbird wants to be a copy of MS Outlook.
20 >
21 > Afaict, there are quite a few people here using thunderbird. Most replies
22 > are wellformed. Outlook, well... it's not a mail-client after all.
23
24 Thunderbird works fine, if you're ok to do things Thunderbird wants to do
25 things.
26 The last time I tried it, it decided it wants to have copy of all the email
27 from my IMAP-server locally.
28
29 If it were a laptop with sufficient disk-space, then it would be ok. But as
30 it's a desktop where I want to have usefull stuff locally.
31 Having a copy of all my email locally on a desktop with gigabit connectivity
32 to the mail-server doesn't really give any benefit.
33
34 With that behaviour, I never bothered to see how replies would look.
37 Joost