From: Matthew Marlowe <matt@××××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] NFS terribly slow on writes
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 21:05:41
1 the biggest things to think about:
2 - nfs versions (some work better or are more compatible with others)
3 - nfs write/read cache settings
4 - use nfsstat to get an idea of what the nfs traffic is like
5 - is filesystem constantly having locking issues or refreshing file
6 attributes? might need to change mount options.
7 - if not local lan, might have significant problems...especially with mtu
8 - doesn't hurt to check iostat -x -k 5 on sending server too along
9 with nic card stats
10 - it usually isn't that hard to track down where the problem lies
11 - I've had great performance with nfs over local lans, horrible issues
12 with any kind of remote nfs....newer nfs versions are trying to work
13 around the issues.
14