From: "Spackman
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Odd Chrome behavior when dragging tab to create new window
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2021 16:25:04
1 On 2021/03/12 at 02:57pm, Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > On 2021-03-12, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > > When I drag a tab out of it's parent window to create a new window
5 > > [...] instead of staying where it's put the new window will follow
6 > > the mouse cursor around the desktop anytime Chrom(e|ium) has focus.
7 > [...]
8 > > If I press ctrl-alt-backspace this behavior will stop, and the new
9 > > window will behave normally.
10
11 > I just realized that any keypress will cause the weird behavior to
12 > stop.
13
14 I have the same problem. Started recently. Right clicking on the tab and
15 choosing "Move tab to new window" (if there is only one window) or "Move
16 tab to another window" => "New window" (if there is already more than
17 one window) works without problem.
18
19 I've no idea what is causing the problem. Fluxbox is my window manager.
22 Chris Spackman (he / him) chris@××××××××××.com
23
24 ESL Coordinator The Graham Family of Schools
25 ESL Instructor Columbus State Community College
26 Japan Exchange and Teaching Program Wajima, Ishikawa 1995-1998
27 Linux user since 1998 Linux User #137532