From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kopete and Yahoo upgrade message
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 12:23:53
1 Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
2 > Am Donnerstag, 3. September 2009 schrieb Dale:
3 >
4 >> Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> Am Mittwoch, 2. September 2009 schrieb Dale:
7 >>>
11 >>>> It seems as a security measure it adds extra dots
12 >>>> to the end so hackers can't tell how many characters are in the
13 >>>> password. Thing is, that screws up the password as well. So much for
14 >>>> the "remember password" option.
15 >>>>
16 >>> Control Centre -> Security and privacy -> Password entry (or what's it
17 >>> called).
18 >>>
19 >> Hmmm, what is this supposed to do? It was checked but I unchecked it
20 >> and I don't see any difference. It still scrambles my password.
23 > It sounded like you wanted to switch off those extra bulletsand didn't know
24 > how to.
27 The extras are still there tho. They are there either way. I want it
28 to remember my password but it adds the extras as a security measure or
29 that's what my research said anyway.
30
31 It used to work tho. They just added a "feature" and now it is broke. LOL
32
33 Dale
34