From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kopete and Yahoo upgrade message
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 10:28:56
1 Am Donnerstag, 3. September 2009 schrieb Dale:
2 > Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
3 > > Am Mittwoch, 2. September 2009 schrieb Dale:
6 > >> It seems as a security measure it adds extra dots
7 > >> to the end so hackers can't tell how many characters are in the
8 > >> password. Thing is, that screws up the password as well. So much for
9 > >> the "remember password" option.
10 > >
11 > > Control Centre -> Security and privacy -> Password entry (or what's it
12 > > called).
13 >
14 > Hmmm, what is this supposed to do? It was checked but I unchecked it
15 > and I don't see any difference. It still scrambles my password.
16
17 It sounded like you wanted to switch off those extra bulletsand didn't know
18 how to.
19 --
20 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
21 I haven’t lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere!