From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] VMWare Hypervisor - SD vs CF card?
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 14:30:47
1 On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 10:21 AM, Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > On 2012-06-19 9:56 AM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >>
4 >> With my last batch of ESX hosts, someone "forgot" to order the R710 SD
5 >> internal add-on. But it has 8 x 600M SAS drives....
6 >>
7 >> So what I did is configured all drives as a RAID 10 and let ESX grab
8 >> enough for the hypervisor  and leave the rest for regular storage.
11 > That was my initial plan, but I really like the idea of having the
12 > hypervisor separated... and I also like the idea of running it on FLASH
13 > media...
14 >
15 > I'll be ordering the Addonics today, and will report back if everything
16 > works as expected/hoped...
17 >
18 > Anyone have any recommendation for a high quality/high-speed (but smallest
19 > capacity) CF media to put in these?
20
21 CF is really behind the times. I'd probably suggest going with one of
22 the SD adapters, and picking up whatever card professional
23 photographers swear by.
24
25 Based on recent experience, I'd also suggest keeping it small. 2GB or
26 less...which is more than what you need.
29 :wq